Wednesday, April 18, 2007

$ savvy

I received a sms from my friend today saying that he made an obscene profit from the stock market during the crash last month. He ploughed in about 90k last month and sold this month and made about 33k!

So envious what he has acheived. Makes it looks so easy but this friend has always been very savvy about investment, he knows his risks, did his homework, buy the relevant stocks and seems to hit the bull eyes most of the time.

Abit sad when I reflect on myself. Ok maybe I shouldn't compare to my friends cos 人比人气死人 and have to manage my own expectations. But I guess I have to blame on my lazyness, or little interest in investment. I used to invest years ago but suffered paper loss and most still kena stucked so have not ventured any further since. Perhaps I'm a risk-aversed person, yes I admit that, I don't dare to try for fear of losing so I just have to be contended with my low risk savings deposits for the time being.

I have to tell myself, don't envy people, go read up and do something about it!

2 comments:

Beau Lotus 涟 said...

Don't envy him. Just remember that for every one who hit it big in the stockmarket, there will be a number of losers, some maybe losing more than they could afford and getting into trouble, maybe even commiting suicide etc.

I say we be happy with what we have.

Of course that's because I'm like you, too lazy and also kenna burnt before so now shy shy about stocks.

JiveJove said...

Ha! I also earned a bit from the market recently - about S$100 only ;) Shhh... don't tell cactus lest she asks for a treat :)