Sunday, April 22, 2007

Dinner at Il Lido

Last month, due to some additional work we have done, our boss give us each USD$100 to spend, USD exchange rate is about 1.6 and declining, I was joking with my colleague the other day if only boss gave us Euro 100 to spend instead. After some discussion, wife and I decided to go to Il Lido for a fine dining experience.













When I made the reservation few days ago, I chose the indoor seating cos weather has been quite hot lately. However having seen the nice view when we reached there, we tried to request if we can change it to outdoor seating but was told the restaurant was fully booked for the night.

The restaurant is located at Sentosa, just next to the Sentosa Golf Club. It overlooks the sea and with the sun setting, the view is really beautiful.










Indoor seating













Outdoor seating













After settling down, we ordered the classic menu which costs $90 each. Too costly to order wine, and no ice water so no choice, ordered a bottle of sparkling mineral water, $8 ah.

They serve us bread chips, not like in Prego where they serve nice soft bread with vinegar and olive oil leh but the bowl looks very pretty










1st dish - pan roasted goose liver with green apple, honey & hazelnut sauce. Eat already, can feel the cholestrol going up, haha, its not as tough as pork liver, very soft but dunno how to appreciate, luckily got the green apple to mask the taste.










2nd dish - home made tagliolini with live spiny lobster and green asparagus tips. To a HDB boy like me, its like mee kai, haha but as this is a set menu, so the portion is quite little, not enough for my usual carbo intake. I am those sort who cant go without rice or noodles in my meal hehe.










For main course, we have a choice between fish and beef. Wife chose fish which is a pan-roasted atlantic cod, served with wilted baby spinach and red wine sauce










I am more of a seafood and fish person, seldom take steak or beef but since this is an atas restaurant, I decided to order the beef. Its a usda prime beef tenderloin, served with white asparagus, anchovy & garlic sauce.

I usually play it very safe when ordering beef, have it well done, like beef patty haha but I know those who enjoyed beef like to have it medium rare so I gave it a try and ordered mine cooked medium rare as well. The meat turns out to be very tender and juicy, you can see abit of the blood but doesnt have that raw bloody taste. Nice!

From the picture, you might think that the beef seats on top some french fries, thats what I thought so when the dish was served in front of me but its actually aspargus lah, haha.










Desert - molten lava dark chocolate cake, white chocolate & coffee gelato. Totally sinful but yummy. Wife felt too sinful to finish hers so I had additional servings of the lava chocolate cake, hehe.










Total bill comes up to about $220 after taxes, so have to cough up extra $60. Worth the experience though!

2 comments:

Beau Lotus 涟 said...

Mmm yummy and yes, it takes some getting used to paying so much for such small portions.

I am eyeing your duck liver with envy. I used to avoid it like the plague, but once you get initiated, it's one of the most delicious things one can enjoy eating. I even make my own nowadays.

Ditto for beef. Now I only eat it rare, the bloodier the better.

And I see that water is costing just as much as in Germany, though in France you would pay the double. You wonder why they have to make so much profit on the drinks, don't you?

JiveJove said...

I hate Italiano!