Monday, December 04, 2006

1st 10km race









Yeah! I completed the 10km run yesterday at the 2006 Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon.

The race begin about 7am, I woke up at around 5.30am, get ready and leave the house around 6.30am. Wife decided to join the run also and I managed to get my friend Choo as well, both as guest runners :) As I signed up officially, I have the number tag and also a little chip thing to be tied to my shoes so that the organisers can track my time as well as to make sure I didnt cheat by making any shortcuts.

The weather was quite kind to us, it was cloudy and breezy, and that makes the jog/run an enjoyable one. Compared to the Safra race I run in September, this is more well-organised, probably it is more large scale, about 31000 official participants. Those who did not register can join in the run too, sans number tags, only thing is you are not allowed to run through the finishing line, will be asked to be diverted to a small lane about 100m before the actual finishing point. The roads are properly blocked and well spaced, and you dont have the problem of rubbing against other sweaty bodies.

I clocked about 1hr 10mins for the 10km run, quite satisfied with the timing, cos didnt aim to compete in any way just to complete. Wife did quite well too, about 1.5hr, her first time running on the roads somemore as she usually run on the threadmill.

Dunno how much calories we burnt but after going home to wash up, we quickly went to BigO for lunch, ordered a crab linguine (cannot change to my fav mee-pok fettucine), need my carbo! Went back and have a power nap for two hours before we indulge in an hour of tu-na massage :)

Next year, come run with us ok? :)

1 comment:

Beau Lotus 涟 said...

Congrats!!!!! Wow that's quite a feat. Didn't know you're so sportive :-).

And I wouldn't have minded that delicious carbo myself, but ouch it's not good for me. Sigh...