Monday, December 18, 2006

Christmas mood

It's just less than a week to Christmas and am starting to feel the Christmasy mood :) Radio stations starts to play Xmas songs, shopping malls all dolled up with nice Xmas decos, no snow but lots of rains lately and the cool weather all help liven the mood here in the tropics.

To me, probably what brings out the mood are the Xmas songs. You can't help but sing or hum to it when you hear the tunes played on the radio or when you entered a shop. Music is never lacking in the house and when I'm cleaning or tidying the house, I will play some cds or switched on the radio. Since Xmas is drawing near, I have also start to play some Xmas cds.

One of them is this Charlie Brown CD, a birthday gift from my friend KL.















Incidentally I got this mailer from Borders this morning in my inbox and this CD is one of their recommendations. Share with you their review:


Only the Grinchiest among us could resist the charm of Vince Guaraldi's delightful A Charlie Brown Christmas. With bouncing, jazzy takes on traditional songs, as well as originals like the cascading piano magic of "Skating" or the rolling beginning of "Linus and Lucy," it infuses everything from decorating cookies to setting the table with a festive spirit. Recently reissued with four alternate takes, the album remains a perfect holiday accompaniment.

Audio: Listen to Christmas ls Coming
PDF: The Making Of A Charlie Brown Christmas Soundtrack

Will be inviting group of friends for dinner + gathering on both Xmas eve and Xmas day itself. Besides the food, I will try to be a good DJ and play some nice Xmas music selections :)

2 comments:

Beau Lotus 涟 said...

Would I be one of the invited if I were around :-)?

What are you going to serve?

One Wheel said...

Of course, you will be invited :)

We got the food mainly from ColdStorage, read about it in the latest post.