Friday, November 17, 2006

Tribute to the 80s!

Tonight my company is holding our annual Dinner & Dance and the theme is 80s!
80s is my favourite era in terms of music but if you were to talk about fashion sense, i think it is one of the worst! haha, not that I have a good dressing sense to begin with lah :)

I don't have a clue what I am going to wear, and I'm not so "sporting" to really follow the theme, will let others steal the disco-ball light while I sit and enjoy the music :) Do you know what is in fashion in the 80s? I remember Depeche Mode, Duran Duran T-shirts are in trend back then, you just need to wear one of your favourite artiste tees and with blue jeans and you're considered quite hip already :) Those 'hiao' and 'havoc' ones will also fold their school uniform or T-shirts sleeves to a few layers up, haha those were the days. Girls like to wear big ear rings, head-bands, have big hairdo while boys gel up their hair to make it spiky, try to be Michael Jackson wannabe by wearing white socks with black shoes, I would say thats a fashion faux pas to this day that every guy should avoid at all costs :)

You can't forget about the music when you're talking about the 80s. With the help of internet during the late 90s, I was able to catch up alot of 80s music with the help of dedicated fans setting up their idols' webpage. And now with the help of youtube, music fans can watch their favourite MTV that they have no access to before.

I've since set up a site at Multiply.com to host some of my favourite videos, take a swim in Loon's Lagoon to see if you share any of my tastes or not :)

2 comments:

Beau Lotus 涟 said...

Know what? I just bought a Best of 80s CD as one of the X'mas gifts for my MIL!!! What a coincidence. She wanted one.

And you are quite happening ah with Loon's Lagoon, I'll keep an eye out.

I'm wondering what to wear for my hubby's company dinner...

One Wheel said...

wah, your MIL so hip ah, listen to 80s, thought she will probably listen to ABBA, Carpenters kind :)