Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Off to Beijing!

Here I am, at the airport, waiting for my flight to Beijing to attend a training. I arrived at about 7am, breezed through the new check-in terminals, yes no more queues! This is the first time I tried to use this self check-in terminals, the airport personnel was very helpful and I asked him why are people still queuing, he said with a smile "perhaps, they are not so convinced of the service yet". I guess so but when I looked at the queue of about 50 people waiting in vain for their turns to check-in, I think to myself, let's embrace technology to serve ourselves better.

I was wrong to think that 7am is too early in the airport business, once I passed through the passport control, you see travellers buzzing around, having their breakfast, typing away on the free internet terminals, shopping, and I can just hear the cashiers ching-ching all the way :) 7am is indeed not early as I see that there are alot of flights going to other parts of Asia in the early morning so our Changi Airport is really like an airport that never sleeps.

It is always a nice experience for me to be at the airport, just before departure, I will look for the Bengawan Solo outlet to have my good old favourtie soon-kwey but alas today seems too early, the soon-kwey not ready. I am a Teochew boy at heart so you can't take away the soon-kwey from me, it is something that other kweys cannot replaced, hee hee.

Gotta go to departure gate now, flight departing in 30mins time!

1 comment:

Beau Lotus 涟 said...

Wah going for training AGAIN!!!

Now I must be the only person on earth who has never been to China...

It is nice being in an airport only when you're in Changi. Everywhere else usually sucks. Don't say soon-kwey, any kwey also won't have.

Have a safe trip!