Monday, August 21, 2006

What a difference a "u" make

I was told last week by my colleague that I may be going to Columbia to attend a training. As it was still pending, I did not look up to find out more on the destination. I told my family and friends and the reactions were "not safe, exotic, out-of-place". Initially I thought I am going to South America too but till I got my facts right, I realised I was going to Columbia and not Colombia. Both sounds the same right? :)

Columbia is in Maryland state, located between Baltimore and Washington. A search on the web shows there are other Columbia in several US states.

This is a short trip, arrive Monday, depart Friday kind, hope I will still get a chance to go to Washington to catch a glimpse of the White House and to visit the Holocaust Museum.

No comments: