Monday, August 14, 2006

梁文福 - 左手的快乐




















I chanced upon this book from the library recently. It was sitting on the "What's New" section and it beckoned me to take him home.

A good read it was. It is a collection of short articles that the author has contributed over the years to newspapers columns (ZaoBao and some Taiwanese papers).

I grew up listening to XinYao and you certainly can't miss Liang Wen Foo's works. I am not one that really listen / scrutinise the lyrics when a nice song is played. I'm attracted more by the melody of the music piece and if I really enjoyed it, I will then check what the lyrics is about. Anyway my knowledge of chinese songs is limited, the XinYao period was probably my "prime" :)

Ok, back to the book. Liang Wen Foo has a certain writing style that make the reading a breeze. I think I finish reading within a few hours. He is witty with his words and with the ideas he conjures. One of my favourite piece from the book is "Di" (Droplets, literally translated). I won't reveal much here, go and buy / borrow and share your thoughts with me.

No comments: