Thursday, June 07, 2007

No Music No Life

Nothing much to blog so decided to blog about the CDs that I bought lately. My friend KL has a monthly update on what CDs he bought and he blog it under the post as "No Music No Life" which is taken from Tower Records tagline :)

I haven't bought any CDs for quite some time already. I have been trying to clear off lots of olds CDs on Yahoo auctions to make way for new ones. Here is a list of what I bought:

Hilary Stagg - Feather Light. Bought this from Yahoo auction. This completes my collection of albums released by the late electronic harp musician. Sadly, Stagg's life was cut short in 1999.





Babel soundtrack, 2CD collection, bought it new. I enjoyed the movie and was mesmerised by its haunting guitar pieces. Some notable tracks that I like: Tazarine, Bibo no Aozora/Endless Flight/Babel (a 3 part song performed by Ryuichi Sakamoto, Jaques Morelenbaum & Everton Nelson and then (the last two movements) by Gustavo Santaolalla, Breathing Soul, Look Inside and Desert Bus Ride.

Dave Koz - At the Movies. Bought this mainly for the Cinema Paradiso theme. A very easy listening album but I was abit disappointed with Anita Baker version of Somewhere from West Side Story. Anita Baker is one of my favourite soul singer but her renedition of this song seems to fall short especially at the chorus part where the "Somewhere" portion seems to just die out.




All The Seasons Of George Winston: Piano Solos, bought it new as well but have not listened to it yet. This is a greatest hits collection, he has so many albums so I have to sample this compilation first before deciding if I'm going to collect all his other individual albums.



This is an oldie for the mouldy me, haha. I think I have 5 of his albums so far. Though his duo partner Paul Simon is more acclaimed, I much prefer Art Garfunkel's vocals. Bought this cheap from Yahoo auction and specially for the track "I Believe (When I Fall In Love It Will Be For Ever)". Didnt know that it was penned by Stevie Wonder! Besides Art's renedition, other artistes like Michael Mcdonald, George Michael and the group Mike and the Mechanics also covered it. Good stuff!



3 comments:

music-nazi ~ musik mit uns said...

how dare you imitate music-nazi's style??? haha....not bad eh, guess I have to do some research on some of the artists you mentioned here.

music-nazi ~ musik mit uns said...

U bloody PAP censorship dictator, u block out my comments on this blog!!!! Better release it....

One Wheel said...

dont be mistaken, i change some settings on the template and it defaults to Enable comment moderation. After I disabled it for the previous post, I can't see the comments for this post. I have to reenabled it again to get the comments back. Here it is, no censorship here lah :)