Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Is this art ?

This is Frank Gehry's design for our Integrated resort at Sentosa.
What do you think of it?
I think it looks damn ugly! I saw a fish head amidst some junk metal plates in there somewhere! Yucks!



Frank Gehry is best known for his sculptural approach to building design and for constructing curvaceous structures, often covered with reflective metal.
These are some of his famed works:

The Guggenheim Museum Bilbao, along the Nervión River in downtown Bilbao

The Guggenheim Museum Bilbao - a modern and contemporary art museum, located in Bilbao, Basque Country, Spain

Model of the house

The Dancing House in Prague.

I like most of his unique designs he has done so far, but certainly not the one he just did.

I certainly hope this design will not be approved else it will be such an eye sore!

1 comment:

Beau Lotus 涟 said...

Oh my God! This is indeed ugly. Looks like filo pastry wrapping steel. Yucks!