Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Singapore Theatre Festival




















Image taken from http://www.wildrice.com.sg/

Isn't this picture creative? It conjures the setting in a circus where a stunt artiste / performer tries to open the jaws of a performing merlion to see what's in store in this year Theatre Festival. Sure beats a picture of a proud merlion with piercing eyes, trying to balance on the circus stool with folded fins, overlooking the audience, right? :) Oh by the way, I'll be watching Second Link, producted by WildRice.


Since I'm on the topic on the merlion, did you know that the merlion take a time out for a shower recently? I hear you saying "So what!" , " What's the big deal", "Who cares about the merlion", well that's your take. I do care and I would like to share the cartoons designed for this special occasion, by Miel, a senior artist at The Straits Times.

Cartoon designed by Meil, taken from the Singapore Tourism Board http://app.stb.com.sg































Isn't it cute? I think it's a novel way by the Tourism Board to come up with this idea to add some life to our endearing Merlion.

No comments: