Friday, August 10, 2007

Typhoon Alert

Last few days have been quite stressful for me. Even though it is supposed to be training but I got pulled left right center to help them troubleshoot other problems that they have raised to us. Every night since Monday, I only get to leave the customer site only at 8, 9pm and then have to be in the conference call with customer as well as with my US teams. The calls were usually late, 10, 11pm and after following up and did some updates, I only managed to crawl into bed at 1am+. So sian :(

There was a typhoon alert yesterday (Tuesday), signal number 3 to be exact. Customer told me that if it goes up to number 8, then everyone has to leave the office. Good news to me, then can eat snake don't have to work mah , haha, that's the immediate thought that came to my mind.

Early this morning (Wednesday), the hotel distributes typhoon notice as well to all hotel guests informing us on the different signal levels and advice on what to do.

Extracted from the typhoon notice:
"
Signal number 3 - When this signal is hosited, Hong Kong may be enjoying what seems to be a perfect day, but the strength of the approaching winds can change very quickly. Air, sea and land transportation services might be affected
"
So we went to customer site as usual cos still at number 3 and outside its becoming rainy, didnt get any strong winds though. No changes to the signal level throughout the day.

Wife touched down in the evening, and we walked around the hotel area and had dessert.

No comments: