Monday, August 27, 2007

Singapore Bay Run

I participated in this year Bay Run on Sunday, this being my 2nd attempt.
The run formerly known as Safra Sheares Bridge Run was better organised compared to last year. This time, three and a half lanes on the ECP stretch of the Sheares Bridge were reserved for the run, leaving one half passable for on-going traffic. Last year quite pathetic, just one lane for the runners and everybody had a hard time finding space to run.

I signed up for the Non Competitive 12km run, not competing with time, just hoping to complete the run as this is my first time trying to cover this distance. The most I have covered was 10km in the StanChart run. My time was about 90mins, quite slow, mine is more like a jog :) I clocked 40mins for 6km, by the time I reached 10km, time taken was about 1hr 15mins liao. Last 2km duno why took so long, so tempted to just walk but managed to perservere and reached the finishing line.

Later that night, was abit shocked to hear from the news about the death of a young army officer during his 21km run. He passed out after completing the race. A sad case indeed, may he rest in peace.

No comments: