Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Music

Track: Bitter Sweet Symphony
Album: Urban Hymns
Artistie: The Verve
Year: 1997

It’s a bittersweet symphony, that’s life
Trying to make ends meet
You’re a slave to money then you die

Track: Drops of Jupiter
Album: Drops of Jupiter
Artiste: Train
Year: 2001

Tell me did you sail across the sun
Did you make it to the milky way to see the lights all faded
And that heaven is overrated
Tell me, did you fall for a shooting star
One without a permanent scar

Tell me did the wind sweep you off your feet
Did you finally get the chance to dance along the light of day
And head back to the milky way
And tell me, did venus blow your mind
Was it everything you wanted to find
And did you miss me while you were looking for yourself out there

Can you imagine no love, pride, deep-fried chicken
Your best friend always sticking up for you even when I know you're wrong
Can you imagine no first dance, freeze dried romance five-hour phone conversation
The best soy latte that you ever had . . . and me

Track: Everybody's Changing
Album: Hopes and Fears
Artiste: Keane
Year: 2004

So little time
Try to understand that I'm
Trying to make a move just to stay in the game
I try to stay awake and remember my name
But everybody's changing
And I don't feel the same.

Track: Enjoy the Silence
Album: Violator
Artiste: Depeche Mode
Year: 1990

Words like violence
Break the silence
Come crashing in
Into my little world
Painful to me
Pierce right through me

All I ever wanted
All I ever needed
Is here in my arms
Words are very unnecessary
They can only do harm

Vows are spoken
To be broken
Feelings are intense
Words are trivial
Pleasures remain
So does the pain
Words are meaningless
And forgettable

Track: Do you remember
Album: But Seriously
Artiste: Phil Collins
Year: 1989

Through all of my life
In spite of all the pain
You know people are funny sometimes
cos they just cant wait
To get hurt again

There are things we wont recall
Feelings we'll never find
Its taken so long to see it
Cos we never seemed to have the time

Track: Why
Album: Diva
Artiste: Annie Lennox
Year: 1992

This is the book I never read
These are the words I never said
This is the path I'll never tread
These are the dreams I'll dream instead
This is the joy that's seldom spread
These are the tears...
The tears we shed
This is the fear
This is the dread
These are the contents of my head
And these are the years that we have spent
And this is what they represent
And this is how I feel

Track: You have to hurt
Album: Coming around again
Artiste: Carly Simon
Year: 1987

You have to hurt - to understand
You have to get by the best you can
Until you hurt - until you cry
You won’t know about love
And the reason you’re alive
You have to hurt

Track: Some kind of wonderful
Album: Music
Artiste: Carole King
Year: 1991

All you have to do is touch my hand
To show me you understand
And something happens to me
That's some kind of wonderful
Any time my little world is blue
I just have to look at you
And everything seems to be
Some kind of wonderful

Track: This used to be my playground
Album: A league of their own Soundtrack
Artiste: Madonna
Year: 1992

Don't look back
Keep your head held high
Don't ask them why
Because life is short
And before you know
You're feeling old
And your heart is breaking
Don't hold on to the past
Well that's too much to ask

Track: Learn to be still
Album: Hell freezes over
Artiste: Eagles
Year: 1994

There are so many contradictions
In all these messages we send
(We keep asking)
How do I get out of here
Where do I fit in?
Though the world is torn and shaken
Even if your heart is breakin'
It's waiting for you to awaken
And someday you will-
Learn to be still


Track: Jesus to a child
Album: Older
Artiste: George Michael
Year: 1996

And what have I learned
From all this pain
I thought I'd never feel the same
About anyone
Or anything again

But now I know
When you find love
When you know that it exists
Then the lover that you miss
Will come to you on those cold, cold nights

When you've been loved
When you know it holds such bliss
Then the lover that you kissed
Will comfort you when there's no hope in sight

Track: A matter of Trust
Album: Storm Front
Artiste: Billy Joel
Year: 1989

You can't go the distance
With too much resistance
I know you have doubts
But for God's sake don't shut me out

Some love is just a lie of the mind
It's make believe until its only a matter of time
And some might have learned to adjust
But then it never was a matter of trust

Track: If I could turn back time
Album: Heart of Stone
Artiste: Cher
Year: 1989

Pride's like a knife, it can cut deep inside
Words are like weapons, they wound sometimes

Track: Everybody Hurts
Album: Automatic for the People
Artiste: REM
Year: 1992

When the day is long and the night, the night is yours alone,
When you're sure you've had enough of this life, well hang on
Don't let yourself go, 'cause everybody cries and everybody hurts sometimes

Track: The Heart of the Matter
Album: The End of the Innocence
Artiste: Don Henley
Year: 1989


There are people in your life who've come and gone
They let you down and hurt your pride
Better put it all behind you, life goes on
You keep carryin' that anger, it'll eat you up inside

Track: Pure
Album: Cloudcuckooland
Artiste: Lightning Seeds
Year: 1990

Look at me with starry eyes
Push me up to starry skies
There's stardust in my head
Pure and simple everytime
Fresh and deep as oceans new
Shiver at the sight of you
I'll sing a softer tune
Pure and simple over you

Track: Silence
Album: Staring at the Sun
Artiste: Level 42
Year: 1990

So many walk behind a veil of sorrow
So many know they have themselves to blame
Good reasons not to wait until tomorrow
So don’t be afraid
Love will always come your way

Track: Insensitive
Album: Living under June
Artiste: Jane Arden
Year: 1995

How do you cool your lips
After a summer's kiss
How do you rid the sweat
After the body bliss
How do you turn your eyes
From the romantic glare
How do you block the sound
Of a voice you'd know anywhere

How do you numb your skin
After the warmest touch
How do you slow your blood
After the body rush
How do you free your soul
After you've found a friend
How do you teach your heart
It's a crime to fall in love again

Track: Both sides now
Artiste: Joni Mitchell



Tears and fears and feeling proud
To say I love you, right out loud
Dreams and schemes and circus crowds
I've looked at life that way.

But now old friends are acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day

I've looked at life from both sides now
From win and lose, and still somehow
It's life's illusions I recall
I really don't know life at all


Track: Make Love Stay
Album: Greatest Hits
Artiste: Dan Fogelberg
Year: 1990

Now that we know
The fire can burn bright or merely smolder
How do we keep it from dying away?
Elusive as dreams
Barely remembered in the morning
Love like a phantom flies
But held in the heart
It pales like the emply smile adorning
A statue with sightless eyes.
Moments fleet, taste sweet within the rapture
When precious flesh is greedily consumed
But mystery's a thing not easily captured
And once deceased not easily exhumed.

No comments: