Monday, September 29, 2008

"Rabbit Without Ears" (Keinohrhasen)

I happen to watch this German romantic comedy "Rabbit Without Ears" (Keinohrhasen) on one of my recent flights. I enjoyed it very much, so different from the Nazi, WWII subject related ones that German films are known for.

I'm not saying that I dont enjoy their serious films, I am quite a fan and have watched many over the years, among them:

Run Lola Run
Good Bye Lenin!
Downfall
The Lives of Others
Sophie Scholl – The Final Days
The Counterfeiters

So it was quite refreshing when I chanced upon this. There were other non interesting movies on the other channels so I just tikam and pick this one :)

It is a simple story, about a reporter (the male lead) who has just been released on probation and needs to work in a day care center, help to look after the kids and then falls in love with the female lead. As to why the title "Rabbit Without Ears", you will have to watch it to find out! Bad synopsis, haha :) The DVD is out and it is also showing in Singapore as part of Goethe German film festival.















I also got to know of this particular song from the movie, which was played towards the end and I kept rewinding it back to listen. The movie soundtrack feature lots of good stuff including music by Keane, One Republic and many more!

Here's the instrumental version. You may find it a bit noisy but enjoy the catchy beat.

Track: My Brightside
Artiste: The Killers

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you might like:
life is beautiful (La vita è bella)
it really has a lot of good components, including a good soundtrack, photography, tragedy, comedy, romance.

amelie (french romance film, really unique with a really pretty soundtrack) & spirited away (interesting japanase anime movie...reminded me of things i thought about when i was 6)