Sunday, May 04, 2008

Off to Beijing

Its exactly 1 month since my last trip. This time, I'm off to Beijing to give training.

Been busy, didnt blog :( excuses excuses :)

Hope I will have some leisure time to go take a look at the "bird nest" Olympic Stadium and post some pics here.

View from my hotel room. The picture is taken from my phone camera, not that sharp:















This weird looking structure is actually the new China Central Television (CCTV) and Headquarters Building & Cultural Centre building.

Once completed, it will look something like this, quite nice and modern. My Beijing colleague was lamenting how ugly it looks and we were wondering how the lift is being built, will it be slanted ?


The entire structure and the facade will be completed before the start of the 2008 Beijing Olympics.











Another similar senget structure in Madrid:














I visited Madrid in 2005 but it was abit far so didnt go and take a look. It is the KIO (Kuwaiti Investment Office) Towers, located at Plaza de Castilla, looks like a modern version of the Twin Pisa Towers.

No comments: