Thursday, November 08, 2007

San Francisco Day 1 & 2


I am back 2 weeks from my vacation in San Francisco but have yet to update my blog. The hotels that I stayed does not come with free internet access and I didnt bring my laptop along so have to refresh my memory now. Hopefully the pictures will help :)

The flight bounded for SF was about 15hours with an hour transit at Seoul. It was a pleasant surprise for wife and I when we boarded the plane and found out that it is a new fleet, the 777-300ER aircraft. So swaku cos so far in my business trip, I have not seated on this fleet before. It was also by chance that I chose this flight. There were 2 daily departures to SF, one is the morning via Seoul, the other in the evening via Hong Kong. If I have chosen the latter, I would be flying the normal fleet.

This is the new Economy Class, with roomier seats and bigger screen. I am the sort who don't really take note of the type of fleet, what Boeing, Airbus, 777, 747 etc. If you have asked me before, what kind of plane I flew on, I will not be able to tell you. All I care are the movies and the music I will get to enjoy :)

But now having enjoyed this new fleet, next time when I booked a flight, I will take note and check if its a 777-300ER. I sat on a 777-300 last week to Delhi on a business trip, I thought it is the same, no no, must have the "ER", dunno what it stands for though, LOL :)

Arrived at SF on the 31st Oct at around 1pm. We stayed near the Fisherman Wharf area so it was quite convenient to get around.


We took a cruise to see the Golden Gate bridge, you can kill 2 birds with one stone if you are not taking the Alcatraz tour cos while on board the cruise, you will be able to catch a glimpse of the famous Alcatraz prison.






























Fisherman Wharf area, that's where Pier 39 is. You will see a lot of sea lions sun bathing at the deck and making a lot of noise, seeking attention :)









No comments: